Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Number 1 Priority...

There are important things in life that we often take for granted.  Little things from a beautiful sun shine, a majestic sunset, a breathe of fresh air, or laughter of a little baby. Yesterday, my Son & Wife went to the Zoo. My son apparently had a great time as he asked his mother to call me up from the office to tell what he saw from the zoo.  As soon as I picked-up the phone my son told about all the animals he saw from the zoo in less than a minute... "not to mention the Lion, the king of the jungle, rarrrgh..." I was so happy for him as he had a wonderful time and also sad at the same time as I wasn't there to experience those moments with him. I was glad though that he wanted to call me up and update me on his day as though I was actually there to experience it with him.

I went home early as I wasn't feeling well and feeling burned-out. Probably this is the highlight of my day, as I usually leave home early to find my kids sleeping or go home late to find my kids going to sleep.  AS soon I opened the gate, I head the loud footsteps of my son charging to meet me at the gate. For I moment I thought I was going to be run over by a train or trampled upon by a stampede as the force of my son's charging bear hug was enough to knock me flat on my back.  The force of that hug was so strong that it was able remove all the stress I was feeling.  This reminded me why I get up early everyday, to share a moment with my kids before I leave or arrive home from work.  This is my number one priority. My job maybe my profession, but my family is definitely my number 1 priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment